This month brought some extremely hot weather. We hit records! And the hottest day was spent at my twin nephews’ birthday party outside. Thankfully, my sister’s yard is well-shaded, but still. It was incredibly hot. Literally hotter than it has EVER been where I live. That’s crazy! And my two-year-old daughter spent the majority of the afternoon jumping on the trampoline…sigh. I was constantly offering water and worrying, of course. But it turned out just fine…of course.
It’s also been quite smoky this month from the forest fires a couple provinces over. Obviously, it’s worse for them, but it’s not good when you have a toddler that wants to play outside 24/7! She caught a bit of a cold too, so there was one day when we just put our feet down about staying inside so as to not aggravate her cold. That was a long day lol. She doesn’t like it when we tell her she can’t go outside!
My reading was a bit slim this month. I just didn’t have a whole lot of time to get reading in. Who am I kidding – I never have much time to read these days. The silly thing is I’ve become addicted to requesting ARCs again – never a good thing, but really not good when you have no time to read as it is!!! I’m screwing myself over!
I also didn’t do much for nail art, but I got one design it there, so I guess that’s okay!
I didn’t get as many posts up on the blog this month as previous months lately, but still a decent amount I think. I’ve been noticing that I’ve been losing subscribers since posting about miscarriage. See what happens when you talk about it? Oh well!
- Red Rising by Pierce Brown | Rating: 4/5 stars
- Freak ‘N’ Gorgeous by Sebastian J. Plata | Rating: 2.5/5 stars
- Pieces of Her by Karin Slaughter | Rating: 4/5 stars
- Nobody Said It’d Be Easy by Patty Blount | Rating: 3.5/5 stars
Discussions & Stuff
- Depiction of Miscarriage in Books – I discuss how there don’t seem to be any books dealing with early miscarriage alone – looking for recommendations!
- What I’ve been Adding to Goodreads – The virtual books keep piling up! Check out what I’ve been adding!
- Grieving as an Agnostic – it’s hard to not know what happened to ones we’ve lost. I ask for your help/opinions in trying to figure this all out.
- Authors I want to read more from – I seriously have a problem with only reading one book or series from authors I have really enjoyed. I want to read more!