Wow – September went by fast, didn’t it? I can’t believe it’s October already! And man, it’s been a long time since I’ve said that. It seems as though time has really slowed down since my daughter came along – haha! I guess things really do get better as they get older! September went by so fast!
I’m excited to do some Halloween nail art this month. With this dry weather, a couple of my nails broke, so I filed them all down. Ugh. As soon as they grow back I have some big plans for Halloween nail art!!
I didn’t get a whole lot of reading done again this month. I think I read maybe 2 books. Sigh…I really need more time in a day! I think I’m all out of my build-up of reviews now too, so now my reviews will actually be dependent upon how much time I have to read. So, it might not be every week anymore, but we’ll see! I’m going to try! Oh well, someday I’ll have more time to read again. Right now, I need to focus on being more happy with my life as it is. My daughter gets more and more amazing every day and I love watching her grow and learn things. This month she learned a bunch of her colours! I think now she knows (and can actually remember) blue, pink, yellow, orange, and brown. Green and red are maybes – sometimes we need to remind her. I’m so proud of her! It’s so much fun seeing her recite the things she learns. And man is she ever talking all of a sudden too! It’s crazy how much she’s learned this month. I’m amazed.
One thing that aided in slowing down my reading this month was after reading this great post over at That Bookshelf Bitch, I got really into using spreadsheets! I borrowed her sheets and modified them to suit my needs (honestly, they look quite different from hers, but she totally still gets the credit!), then I put all my data in them that I’ve been keeping track of randomly in other places (Goodreads, Google Keep, Google Calendar, etc.). Now I’m more organized and loving these spreadsheets!!
This month I also went (almost) sugar free! That’s right, I now drink black coffee – what?! Anyway, I’ve been considering incorporating that into my blog somehow. Maybe sharing recipes or tips for going sugar free. Let me know if you’d be interested in reading about that!
- The Opposite of Innocent by Sonya Sones | My rating: 4.5 stars
- All Your Perfects by Colleen Hoover | My rating: 5 stars!
- Tell Me You’re Mine by Elisabeth Noreback | My rating: 4 stars
- All Joy and No Fun: The Paradox of Modern Parenthood by Jennifer Senior | My rating: 4 stars
Discussions & Other Stuff
- What is the Weirdest Place/Situation You’ve read In? – I was considering reading while getting a massage and wondered where YOU have read that might be unusual!
- Books I did not finish – 3 books I decided to put down for good, sadly.
- September 2018 BoxyCharm – got some good stuff in this month’s box! There was only one product I didn’t like!